With the introduction of a variety of online shopping platforms, one can easily imagine where all our payment (and even banking) transactions are all headed to in the near future. With this in mind, many banks in the Philippines are also looking to tap into the power of the internet and online technology to extend their services to their clients.
As one of the leading financial institutions in the country, BDO also has arguably one of the most convenient and powerful savings account in the market as of the moment. If you’re interested to know more on how to open a BDO savings account, read on…
Applying for a BDO Savings Account
When you sign up for a BDO Savings account, you can enjoy the following incentives and services:
- An initial deposit of Php 2,000. This is also the minimum maintaining balance required to keep your account active.
- A minimum average daily balance (ADB) of Php 5,000 is required to earn interest.
- 25% annual interest rate
- Process your transactions for shopping, dining, and even paying for your gas through your BDO ATM Debit card.
- Conveniently access your funds through BDO’s extensive network of ATMs throughout the country.
Note: Bring the original as well as two (2) copies of the following documents required for your application.
- Any two (2) of the following valid IDs with photograph listed below:
- Driver’s License
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Barangay Clearance
- NBI/Police Clearance
- School or company ID
- Senior citizen’s card
- GSIS ID, SSS, Philhealth or TIN Card, etc.
- Two (2) copies of your recent 1 x 1 photo
- The Php 2,000 initial deposit
Note: A passbook savings account, on the other hand, has a Php 5,000 initial deposit requirement. So if you’re not planning to stock up a lot of cash on your account, just go for an ATM savings account.
- [Optional] Any proof of billing or billing statement (e.g., telephone/internet, electricity, water, and credit card bills, etc.). Some BDO branches may require you to present one.
- Proceed to the nearest BDO branch in your area head over to the New Accounts section.
- Advise the bank officer that you would like to open an ATM savings account. Completely fill out all the forms in your application packet. Reiew and ensure that all the information you have provided is valid and correct.
- Pay the Php 2,000 initial deposit and keep the deposit slip that will be issued to you by the bank officer. You will need to show this slip for the collection of your ATM card and other account document.
- The bank officer will inform you as to when you may return to collect your documents. Usually, you will have to wait for about five to seven banking days before your card is issued. You may request for the bank officer’s contact information so that he/she will be your point of contact for updates on the status of your account.